The Main Objectives:
- To protect the fossil trees in this petrified forest park and reduce future weathering and erosion.
- To conserve in situ fossil trees properly and preserve the integrity of the fossil trees for future generations to learn and enjoy this significant natural heritage.
- To create an international scientific research collaboration to share and develop knowledge on petrified trees conservation practices. This effort can then be used as a case study for efforts to preserve petrified woods sites in other countries where conservation has not yet become a priority
We Also Hope To...
- Help people to appreciate and utilize their resources to the fullest sustainable extent and understand the importance of the fossil trees by creating interesting fossil exhibitions trees, organizing the conferences, etc.
- Develop a Geopark, UNESCO for this unique fossil site so the petrified trees can receive more support in conservation and can be protected strictly.
- these trees as a conservation flagship for the entire area, in an attempt to generate interest and concern for the preservation of the forest park.
- Fossil trees at this fossil park will be protected and conserved using proper methods
- People will be made aware of the importance and scientific value of fossil plants
- Promotion of geo-ecotourism and increased employment opportunities for local people
- Increased interest in paleobotany, conservation, ecology, and environment